FIELD CARDS ONLINE
Westcog Regional Map Viewer
2022 Personal Property Declaration
The Town Assessor's Office is responsible for the discovery, listing, and equitable valuation of all real and personal property within the Town of Sherman in accordance with Connecticut State Statutes for the annual production of the Grand List.
Contact Information and Office Hours
Phone: (860) 355-0376
Fax: (860) 350-5041
Tuesday - Friday
9:00am - 12:00pm & 1:00 - 4:00pm
Mallory Town Hall
9 Rt 39 North
P.O. Box 39
Sherman, Connecticut 06784
Assessor's Office Staff
Al Garzi, Assessor, CCMAII
Kathy Retter, Assistant Assessor, CCMAI
Description of Services and Fees
The assessor and staff administer state and local programs of tax relief & apply exemptions (blind, disabled, veterans, fireman’s abatement etc.) as permitted by state law.
Town of Sherman Additional Tax Credit For Veterans:
Sherman Veterans who meet the requirements provided by section 12-81(19) and (22) and meet certain income requirements will be eligible for Town's additional veterans exemption. Maximum income requirement is as follows:
- Single - $52,700 - Income includes Social Security
- Married - $58,900 - Income includes Social Security
Town of Sherman Additional Tax Credit For Disabled Veterans:
Sherman Veterans who meet the requirements provided by section 12-81(f)b and meet certain income requirements will be eligible for additional disabled veterans exemption. Maximum income requirement is as follows:
- Single - $64,400 - Income includes Social Security
- Married - $128,000 - Income includes Social Security
To receive credit for Motor vehicles Sold, Stolen, Salvaged or Registered Out of State one of the following proofs are required:
- Receipt from DMV for return of license plates.
- Copy of "bill of sale" or "transfer of title"
- Statement from insurance company stating when insurance was cancelled and reason for cancellation.
- Copy of "accident/police report".
- Copy of out-of-state registration.
- Proof of date you moved out of state, i.e., lease, deed, and utility bill. (Must show new address)
The Assessor’s office conducts a revaluation of all Real Estate as defined by State Statutes every 5 years. Sherman’s last revaluation was conducted October 1, 2018.
The Mill Rate for the 2021 Grand list is 18.18.
Questions concerning assessed value, adjustments, exemptions, tax relief and improper motor vehicle tax billings should be directed to the Assessor’s Office @ 860-355-0376.
Questions regarding billing, tax balances due, amounts paid and interest should be directed to the Tax Collector’s Office @ 860-354-4146.